Think you're the next Bridget Beth Collins? If you've got a flair for flower art, submit your design to our competition!
We're looking for beautiful designs with flowers. Whether that's a hummingbird made out of daisy petals or a beachscape made using fallen leaves from your local park, the design is completely up to you.
Your design doesn't even have to depict a 'thing' or a place - it could just be a pretty pattern using plants.
We do have a few rules, however:
- Your design must use plant matter. We're not asking you to dig up your prize roses (please don't do that!), but try using petals from cut flowers, fallen leaves, or even weeds.
- You can incorporate other objects into your design, as long as they're natural. For example, twigs, shells and feathers.
- Your design must lay flat, and it must be flat when you take a photo of it.
- Original designs only, please!
The winner of this competition will be featured on Mr Plant Geek's Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest pages - and you'll also receive a fabulous package from Seedball! Their collaboration with the Natural History Museum features three seed mixes designed to attract a range of wildlife to your garden.
How to enter
- Send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: Flower Art Competition
- Make sure to include your first name and last name
- Attach a photo of your design to the email
The closing date of this competition is Sunday 14th October 2018 at 11.59pm. Any emails received after this time will be disqualified.
All qualifying entries will be added to a gallery in this blog post. The gallery will be updated throughout the competition.
This is a UK only competition. Please do not try to enter if you are outside of the UK.
Entries will be judged by the wonderful Emma Mitchell. Emma is an illustrator, as well as an author and naturalist. She is a writer for The Guardian and Countryfile Magazine, and her book Making Winter is out now.